Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nap Time Project: Spock Painting

I've had the idea for this painting in my head for some time now and just haven't had the time or the inspiration yet.  I've spent way too much time looking for an image of Spock to use for my inspiration and still never really quite did find what I was looking for but I did find the bare bones of it.  I wanted it to be pretty minimal simple but get the point across.  I am really drawn to the sidewalk art with stencils and spray paint, even if it is illegal, as long as it isn't permanently destroying a building for something that actually matters. Sidewalks near campus don't personally qualify, though I'm not promoting anything. They are all over the area around Ball State and I've always enjoyed seeing them, they just brightened my days while there.  That is the idea I wanted but I hadn't figured out how to achieve it but also bring some color in as well.  Well finally (after watching Star Trek again the other day) I decided to just do it and see what happened.  If it was awful I would just paint over it or give it away to another Trekkie in need. It wasn't awful at all and I'm in love with it.  Tonight it is going to be getting hung up over the loveseat in the basement.  It was definitely a successful nap time project.

No comments: