Saturday, April 25, 2015

Review: GoGreenBabybyRenee Cloth Diapers

Last Saturday was the Great Cloth Diaper Change; it's not too big of a surprise if you haven't heard about it.  I'd never heard about it until I had Nora and got involved in cloth diapering fully.  The condensed version is people meet up and change their babies  at 11am (local time) around the world.  Mostly it is for getting the word out about cloth diapers to those that normally hadn't heard and have a chance to meet up with other cloth diapering families.  Anyway while at the one in our area, there was a vendor that was selling her own homemade diapers or a WAHM (work at home mom) diaper. She had so many adorable ones I just couldn't walk away without buying one, and she was running a sale.  I fell for a superhero-themed diaper mostly because I thought Pete would get a hoot out of Nora wearing superheroes.  So I bought it, took it home, washed it, and got it ready for use.
Okay quick overview here: the outside cool-looking fabric is a cotton knit with PUL (waterproof) as the white fabric inside and KAMsnaps for adjusting the diaper and for closures.  KAMsnaps are kinda the gold standard of snaps, the YKK zipper of the snap world.

 
Now onto the inserts: one comes with the diaper and it snaps in the back.  The insert is made of microfleece (keeps baby from feeling wet) and 3 layers of bamboo fleece. 

microfleece layer

bamboo layers


This is my first purchase of a WAHM diaper.  I've never tried any mostly because I've not heard of many and I like to actually touch things or read lots and lots of reviews and do research like a mad woman  before I spend my money.

So far I'm impressed with the diaper; the insert is amazingly soft, and we had no leaks while she was wearing it.  I typically change her every 2-3 hours during the day for the most part.  I love bamboo; it is super absorbent, soft, natural and not super bulky.  I like how the insert snaps in so it stays put through a squirmy diaper change.  I've also used the cover with a trifolded bamboo prefold and had it fit nicely and had no leaks either.

Diaper all snapped up

The cover itself threw me for a loop at first when I looked at it opened up because the print is only in the back, with plain black up at the front.  Once snapped though it makes total sense! No one wants upside down heroes! Plus the black combo is really classy and fun in a way. 

Nora is on the second row of rise snaps and she is 26.5 inches tall and 18.5 lbs at 10 months old. It fits her the same as her Bumgenius and Flip covers do.  The snap set up is different on these, which was tricky for me at first, but I think that is mostly out of habit from the double row closure snaps on the Bumgenius and Flips that make up the bulk of our snap style diaper stash. 


Back
The outside fabric is soft and has washed up nicely for me.  I really like the knit fabric on the outside, which is one of the reasons I like gdiapers too.  It is like putting my baby in a t-shirt and seems more comfortable to me.  The PUL inside is nice and wipeable for reusing between washing and changes. 


Up close shot of those superheroes
The snaps are tight, not too tight for me to get open, but there is no way Nora will be able to undo this diaper on her own or have a random snap pop open like I've had with other snap brands I've used in a pinch to convert covers from Velcro.  The elastic is also just right to contain everything and holds the trifolded prefold in place nicely.  I haven't used it over a snappied prefold because Nora outgrew hers and I've not gotten the next size. 

All in all I'm very happy with my super cute purchase.  She has quite a few other cute prints for sale and will shortly be posting some new ones for spring and summer.  Check out her Etsy site for her current stock.

Also Pete was loving this diaper and begs me to put it on her whenever he is around for her changes.  He is in a hero kick right now and is bummed that her wardrobe isn't oozing with their shirts like his.  This makes up for it because it has all his favorites plus a girl for her. 

Nora modeling

No comments: