Sunday, April 5, 2015

Hoppy Easter!

We have had such a great day and weekend in general!  We had an Easter egg hunt at a friend's house.  Phil's sister came to visit for General Conference and to have Easter dinner with my family and her dad was coming to visit everyone.  To our surprise Phil's mom stopped by for a visit as well after being out in Wyoming helping with the new twins at his other sister's house. I've been storing up quite the haul for the kids for Easter this year thanks to Kids Market and mperks at Meijer! Pete got a GeoTrax set and Nora got a Little Tikes slide, and Phil got a lego set.  I just set out a pair of Birkenstocks I'd gotten for myself last year on clearance.  I put some adorable footprints from Pete's room to the Easter baskets this year that I had laminated from his class party.
My cute little bunny baby! (no baby or diapers were harmed in the making of this picture)

She decided this photo shoot was done, and high tailed it out of here.

Pete hunting for eggs at grandma's

Dexter the Dachshundbunny
I also wanted to share with you all that this is just the fun, silly, commerical, and childish side of the Easter.  The most important and true reason behind the holiday is so much more meaningful and important than silly ears, eggs or even a ham dinner.  Though I believe they hold a special place in the holiday too, but want my kids to know the real reason, because Christ was cruxified and rose on the third day. He Lives!

No comments: