Monday, April 13, 2015

Nap Time Project: Toothless Towel

Phil's family has had 3 new baby boys born in the last month. My sister-in-law really likes the movie How to Train Your Dragon.  I'd seen tutorials for making a Toothless (he's a dragon in case you are familiar with the movie) and thought I'd try one out for their new little dude Quinn.  I followed this tutorial from pinterest.  I followed how she made the face and head but I didn't like the way she attached it to the actual towel, so I made it up myself. I also didn't like the idea of using felt so I used polar fleece and towel trimmings for the black part of the eye. I attached the face pieces to the large part of the cut handtowel then sewed it onto the long side of the towel. Quinn will probably be able to wear the towel until he's 20! I didn't want him to grow out of something fun too early.

No comments: