Tuesday, March 3, 2015

MommyCon!

 

MommyCon Chicago was awesome! Phil and Pete dropped me off at the convention center and they headed out to their activities (another post!). I started out at breakfast for the bloggers and street team members. Yum! We scoped out the Evenflo Feeding Lounge for later in the day, we spotted the new Ergobaby Nursing Pillow, which we ended up trying out.  Nora fell asleep wandering over to Cloth Diapering 101, though she got a rude awakening when they announced the new Bumgenius print and the crowd got rather excited.
Evenflo Feeding Lounge



Cloth Diapering 101

We ogled a Britax Clicktight Carseat for Nora in the vender hall.  It was an amazing carseat, won't lie! We checked out a bit more of the vender hall before heading to a diaper change and trying out Babyganics diapers.
Britax Carseat that we were dreaming about

Diaper change time with Babyganics!

I was really excited to go to the Wrapping 101 class but Nora decided it was time to eat right when we got to the woven wrap part and we weren't able to try it out because she freaked out.  I did learn some basics but I don't think I'll be investing in a woven until I have a better chance at trying it out first.
Wrapping 101 Class

After another stop at the feeding lounge (Nora's personal favorite of MommyCon Chicago) we picked up our Kiinde Foodii and met some other moms in line and had a nice chat. I got a big burger and fries for lunch, and Nora enjoyed the Happy Baby HappyYogis yogurt and fruit snacks. They melted in her mouth and she loved them.  We puttered around and had a great time going to talks and learning new things. I even got to nurse Nora during The Badass Breastfeeders presentation!  Talk about empowering! It was fun to meet up with people that I follow online in various forms.  The whole event was great. One of my other favorite classes was on menstrual reusables though no lying I do gag a bit on the thought but do find it intriguing all the same. Everyone gets a goodie bag too, mine was different than the general admission for being a blogger, but both were great! I got samples, a nursing scarf, cloth diaper, wet bag, and so many other great things that I will post and review about later.


Snoozing in the Ergo

Checking out a workshop

Mommy Daughter Selfie


 It was a great event, I loved seeing so many other women (and men) that find the same things to be important. It is nice to know that you really aren't alone in the journey no matter what your parenting choices.

Nora checking out the Foodii box during a class

No comments: