Monday, June 23, 2014

Eleanor "Nora" Marie Call



Nora decided she wanted to come into the world a bit sooner than planned.  On Monday the 16th I woke up at 2 in the morning to contractions every 5 minutes and pretty dang painful.  We ended dropping Pete off with my mom and heading into the hospital around 7 in the morning. I wasn't expecting to be staying and figured they'd tell me to suck it up and come in later, but to my surprise I was at a 6 and 100%, so we were there for the long haul!  We got into a room and I got my epidural rather quickly (luckily) and took a nice nap for awhile while we waited.  Eventually the doctor came in and broke my water which I suddenly ended up being at a 10 within half an hour.  Pretty much everything went a lot faster than it did with Pete.  I pushed for just under an hour and finally our not-so-little girl was bornat 3:17pm!  She weighed in at 10 pound 2 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long and with a full head of dark hair.
 

No comments: