Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Morning of the Smoke Detectors

Sounds scary doesn't it?!  Well no worries neither the house or anyone was harmed that horrible morning, just my sleep schedule!  At 4 am the smoke detector started chirping we couldn't figure out which one and it wasn't doing it constantly so we tried our best to sleep through it, well that wasn't really possible. So I started to track it down, well I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, because more started chirping along with it!  I only had two batteries in the house and 7 chirping smoke detectors!  We actually have 9 in our house which is pretty dang small really, but I guess we're just being extra safe.  I ended up in tears around 6am due to lack of sleep and frustration, so I called my mom to see if she had any batteries she could bring over and save me.  I swear it was like in Catching Fire where is trapped in the arena with the JabberJays.  It was horrible!  Pete actually managed to sleep through the whole thing.  Mom saved me and helped me track them down and replace some more then we removed the batteries of the others because we ran through all of her batteries too. So I had to go through my morning with 3 hours less sleep than usual until I snuck in a nap while Pete got to watch a show. 

No comments: