Friday, March 1, 2013

Once There was a Snowman...

Our big winter storm finally came in late Monday night.  School was delayed and we had lots of snow on the ground.  It was the perfect packing snow and was super quick to make a snowman.  We went over to Grandpa and Grandma Horn's house to build them a snowman to look at.  Pete made the middle section after I got it started for him and I made the rest.  He found a shovel and had fun flinging snow everywhere and trying to shovel with a long handled trowel.  I wasn't going to tell him that he wasn't helping so he did that for some time.  Pete loved playing in the snow.

I'd forgotten my camera so we had to take one at night
We also had some fun today playing with some cats.  We can never have a cat because of Phil's allergies.  Which is actually kind of funny because starting out college my life plan consisted of being a nurse, single and having multiple cats.  Well fast forward 5.5 years later and I'm a stay-at-home mom, with a degree in general studies and minors in education and Psychology,  and the only pets we have are guinea pigs and married to a man with extreme cat allergies.  Really though I love life, so no worries that I didn't end up where I thought I would be in high school.  I was actually thinking about it the other day...Anyway that wasn't part of the story....I'm cat sitting for some people and took Pete with me on our morning visit.  We fed them and got fresh water and changed the litter boxes.  Plus loved on the cats lots and lots.  When Pete sees them he says, "Hi Noew...Kitti, kitti, kitti."  I love it, I won't lie.  Well when we were finished up we got in the car and I went to lock up and when I got back the outdoor cat was on our car roof.  Pete was freaking out!  He was so worried about that cat on our roof.  Finally the cat got off but now all day when we get in the car Pete makes me check the roof for more cats.

No comments: