Saturday, March 23, 2013

Big Boy Bed


My darling son learned how to climb out of his crib the other day during nap time.  We were at my parent's house so I hoped it was just that crib so I came home to lay him down here, since sleeping in the twin bed over there was not working.  Well 10 minutes into nap time and he is wandering down in the basement to me!  I asked him how he got out and he showed me.  So I had to figure out something.  I took off the side of his crib and just left it off.  Hopefully sometime I'll get a side rail for it but right now I don't have anything because I wasn't really expecting to do this right now.  Really you would think I would have put some thought into switching him over since he is 2 1/2 years old but nope, didn't really think about it!

The first night in his "new" bed, he didn't want anything with his new and improved bed, he wanted to sleep on the floor.  I let him lay there, because I didn't know what to do.  Though I did move him up to his bed when I went to bed.  He actually stayed in his bed and didn't try to come out until 7.02-he isn't allowed up before then.  He even took a nap, though it was on the floor!  It was amazing though it did take a good hour to get him down, plus I had to lay down with him, so it might have been less time, but I fell asleep too!

Phil laid him down the next night and he laid right now in his new bed.  What the heck?!  He sure wouldn't get close to touching the bed with me but he lays down just fine for daddy! In my defense though Pete stayed up until 9 that night because we went to watch some dodgeball and got home late.


No comments: