Friday, September 28, 2012

Pete's Two

Well actually Pete has been two for awhile and I just haven't had time to post!  On his actual birthday we just had a dinner with my parents and played.  The next week we had a huge birthday party for him.  We had a big cookout in the front of the new house (which was finished just in time to show off!)  We had lots of family and friends over to celebrate.  Pete got lots of new toys, books, and some clothes.  The giant planters in front of the house make great sitting for a party and came in handy since we only own two lawn chairs and forgot to ask people to bring their own! 
I baked a huge cake for the occasion, it took 3 boxes of cake mix to make.  It was a farm cake to go along with his barnyard bash of a day.  It had his bright red tractor and a new cow on it.  It looked like fields and pastures. It was pretty awesome.  I didn't take any pictures at the party because it was during the lost camera phase of the move. I found some from dad so I'm using those.

Most of me can't really believe that he is two already.  But then he throws a fit and I know for sure! 









Now ten little things I love about Pete:
1. "tao, mommy, TAO"  is the phrase that I wake up to every morning as he notices the cow painting on the walls
2.   the way he smacks his lips together when he is hungry
3.   any liquid is "juice" and milk is known as "moo juice"
4.  "MOMMMMY, MOMMMMMY, MOOOMMY" and the responding "PETEYYYY" getting yelled back
5.  That his favorite shows are ones I can handle watching a billion times, except for Thomas the Train.  I can't stand that show.
6.  the way he knows when someone is sad or hurt and tries to give kisses
7.  the fact that my kisses make the owie better every time, even better than Daddy's on some things
8.  the way he can find every piece of farm equipment on a drive.  He can find any tractor!
9.  he is a clean freak, unlike mommy!  
10.  the way he says "Byeee, Byeee" and blows kisses.



2 comments:

Jami said...

Oh gosh L says "tao" too for cows, and gets so excited about them lol... And every time he gets hurt it's "momma" and kisses are the number one cure lol. Happy Birthday to Pete!

JACKIE said...

Ahhh that's sooo sweet!