Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birthdays and a Scrapbook

As I said in a couple of posts ago my birthday was last month. We were in Utah at the time and missed having my party with Matt and my family. Since we share a birthday I am not used to having it on my own and decided (though it was far from the opposite as a kid, even teenager) that it is much better to share it. I am not a fan it anymore though it has only happened three times in my whole life (insert miniature violin) this time and while Matt (oh my brother for those of you who don't know) was on a mission. This time is was so bizarre not even seeing my family for a whole week afterwards even, but it was fun to see everyone in Utah so it was well worth it. It was a good birthday and I really don't think I have EVER heard so many renditions of "happy birthday" in one day in my life especially aimed at me alone!
Well when I did get home I had my own party with grandparents and family friends. I received many great gifts. Mom and Dad got me a Cricut! I have been looking into one for awhile and finally decided that it would indeed be useful and not just sit there uselessly until I do my scrapbooks once a year for two weeks. I find it easier to make a massive mess once or twice a year rather than little ones every month or so.
For Pete's birthday I had the goal of having his scrapbook to display for everybody to see...and show off my scrapbooking skills. This gift was perfect it made me actually get to the point of reaching my goal and so I don't have to go out and buy a whole bunch more stuff. I have been running out of alphabet stickers for awhile now and have been using some strange titles to use up obscure letters. Now I just have to pick what I want and how big and make it myself. I have fallen in love with post-it brand again because of their sticky back paper and how much easier it makes my life.
I am almost done with his book now except pictures Wal-greens had a good deal going and so we were running out today and sent them it, well the one in town is not working right now so it got sent to Columbia City 30 minutes away! I'm not sure if I'll be going over there any time soon, so it might be just before his party before the pictures are actually glued in and finalized.

A random request for those with facebook:

A friend Andrea is in a contest for David's Bridal to win a honeymoon and dress and the works! She is currently in second place, a very close second place. Normally I don't care about these things and ignore them. This time it was so sweet and they totally deserve it. So if you get the chance follow the link and check it out. You can read her story for her entry, but also just so further information from another friend, Andrea is a 3 time cancer survivor and has lost two siblings and a parent to cancer but still fights with a smile on her face. I know this will make her very, very happy! She is on page 9.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: