Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hair

This has been bugging me for awhile now and I am really ready for a change. I want to get my hair cut short, but at the same time I am scared to do it. I realized that I have worn my hair the same way for about the last 8 years! Yuck! I am thinking about doing something like this. I like the length, it is short but long enough that I can still be lazy and put it up and it won't take too long to grow it out if I want.
My biggest fear is that I will look even fatter with short hair, that I won't have something to hide behind when I feel extra fat. Which is something I have been working on as well. If you notice I have a ticker on the sidebar at the moment it is 10 pounds! I have 16 more to go to reach my first goal but then it about 30-50 pounds until my ultimate goal. Right now I am trying out Weight Watchers. I don't think I will stay in it for too long, just because I don't have the money to drop on it! They have changed quite a bit of stuff in the program from when I last did it and I like it much better. The biggest thing is going to be walking and biking everywhere this summer. Pete has his little trailer that we have for behind my bike so we can go run errands and do some shopping, too.

1 comment:

The Byards said...

Here's the thing to consider with short hair: you can never leave it not done, EVER. With long hair, it's easy enough just to dry it, put it back, and go, or even just dry it and let it hang (which is what I'd like to be able to do with my hair...just needs to get a little longer!). When my hair was short and stacked, I ALWAYS had to have it straightened and when it frizzed, it looked a ton worse than when it frizzes long. I also feel ya on the fat thing, which is why I let mine grow! I just began to feel like a not-cute boy with my hair short, but I think it depends on the cut. I am, however, supportive of changing it up after 8 years! Knock the socks off Phil with something different and cute :)