Sunday, August 2, 2009

To My Adoring Fans...

Okay so I know that there are probably like 5 people who will read this but still I can pretend that I am really popular. (right?) It is so nice to have July over and done with. I have been counting down for it to finish up since about my birthday, the beginning of the month. With Phil being busy working about 50 hours a week and me working about 10 I get really bored with being around the house and July means its going to be hot and sunny, two things I don't really like well I like the sun when it isn't super bright and blinding. My favorite season is winter, I mean really lots of cute thick clothes (that hide everything!), cute winter coats and warm hats, snow, ice skating, the dreams of school cancellations (which I still listen to every morning), no swim suits, sunburns, or any nasty type thing, oh yeah and No Yard Work! Except scraping the sidewalk only to the car, because they haven't heard of a thing called sidewalks next to the street. Some exciting news for the month though, I have officially changed my major! I am now a general studies major with minors in Elementary/educational studies, geography, educational technology, and human psychology, and maybe one more in biology but I haven't really decided. Textbooks are going to be expensive this semester but last semester neither of us had any so it will equal out. My schedule is so much easier than it was going to be with a practicum and all methods classes. I am taking Geography 101, Math 125 (I tested into a calculus class, but it has been 4 years since my last math class, so algebra will be good enough thanks), Educational Psychology 270, Some class on marriage, edtech 360-this is a class I am super excited about because the university provides us with a kindle for the class to decide if it is useful in a classroom setting! I am going to throw in one more class for good measure but I haven't decided which one it was yoga but they dropped the time that fit in my schedule. Well also this month our weekends were packed full of family and traveling all around Indiana. All of the pictures are from some of our random trips this month. The first one is of us on a boat ride on the Dixie in North Webster, the next one is a cake I baked for the anniversary of the moon walk (the yellow thing is the moon), The Dixie again, and a trip to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Well we miss you here, but I'm glad you were able to travel some and have sime yummy cake! Autumn is my favorite season, same reasons as you, except add the color of the trees and take away the ice. I try to go to Yoga (at the Y) every week. I really really love it, I can tell a difference in my flexability and strength, you should do it!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Hey, you'll have to tell me who is your marriage class teacher, and if you like him. I've heard there is one there that is really hot. ;)