Sunday, August 17, 2008

In the Glow of the Golden Arches...

We are celebrating the end of an era for this weekend-the end of Phil working at McDonalds!  So exciting and wonderful!  On Monday he starts working at Compass, a new tutoring place for high school kids.  Oh and he actually gets paid for this tutoring unlike the last 2 semesters where he did the same thing but for service hours, not money.  I am hoping to get a call from the garage on campus to know whether or not I got the job, I hope so otherwise I will begin working in foodservice again.  On Saturday we were able to go to the Columbus Temple on a ward Temple trip (only 5 people from the ward went)  We took an older lady, Polly Smith, she was a hoot.  She always says that she is only 4 years old...in church years that is, she told a ton of jokes in the car and was just great fun.  The Temple was as usual a wonderful experience for us, we were able to do an endowment session and sealings so it was a very productive day, actually I only have one or two names left until I am through with all the ones Mom had for me last time!  Today church was good the talks were all about modern and ancient Temples and we sang some super fun hymns.  Oh and another added bonus was that Polly brought us some delicious banana bread and her recipe for it and some whole wheat pancake mix.  Phil is off at a Stake Priesthood meeting so I went on a baking spree, I baked some chocolate chip cookies (okay pretty much the only kind of cookie), I cooked some chicken from the freezer up so we have some ready to eat whenever we need to for casseroles or what not, actually I need to bag it up and freeze it again, and I started a loaf of bread so we can eat some sandwiches this week!  Well Phil should be coming home soon so I better finish cleaning up the kitchen! Oh and the second picture is of me in my Marsh uniform if you couldn't tell (I thought I should since I have one of Phil in his uniform) The third picture is one that Phil has been bugging me to put up so here it is...

No comments: